top of page

BWS specialists

(Depending on the region where you live, some of these physicians may be interchangeable.)

  • Cardiology

    • heart issues and for an annual EKG

  • Craniofacial/Plastic surgeon

    • for issues regarding the tongue size or lip/tongue frenums, skull deformities, hemangiomas

  • Dental

    • to evaluate bite if abnormal.  Should see annually once teeth erupt

  • Endocrinology

    • for blood sugar issues, growth issues that require hormones, thyroid 

  • ENT

    • airway concerns, hearing concerns

  • General Surgeon

    • Omphalocele, hernia, testicular issue

  • Genetics

    • if you suspect your child has BWS or genetic disorder

  • Immunology

    • chronic sickness to look at the immune system

  • Nephrology

    • kidney stones (MSK)

  • Oncology/Hematology

    • for cancer screenings or suspicion of cancer

  • Orthopedist

    • limb discrepancies (length, girth) scoliosis

  • Orthodontist

    • bite abnormality, jaw issues – usually consults around age 8

  • OT/Lactation Consultant

    • Breast feeding

  • Pulmonology

    • sleep issues (sleep apnea), chronic cough

  • Urology

    • any bladder issues (retention or bed wetting)

  • Speech Therapist

    • language development/delays, oral stimulation

Support bwcfi

Click here to support BWCFI. Donations are appreciated. Thank you for your support!

Click here to support us with every Amazon Purchase through the Amazon Smile program.

bottom of page